We have officially broken the previous record for snowfall. This season, so far, we have received over 700 inches. The previous record was from 2010-11 and was 668″. Our average annual snowfall is 340″.
Spring is in the air, finally! The temps are starting to rise and the snow is beginning to melt. As it will be months before we see dirt one of my neighbors took matters into her own hands and ‘planted’ some flowers. See the photos below. With the rising tens the bears are waking up and they are hungry so remember to remove all the snacks from you car when you arrive in town.
Mammoth Mountain has announced that the ski season will extend at least until the end of July. That means FOUR more months of skiing and riding. The 23/24 IKON Pass is on sale and you can start using next seasons pass on April 10th of this season. That means you could get in 112 days of skiing or riding before Mammoth Mountain closes at the end of this season. That is quite a deal.
This weekend the Mountain has some fun family events planned. For those who are coming to Mammoth and June from the north you will be happy to hear that Mono Cone in Lee Vining is open for the season. Our newest culinary delight in Mammoth is the Cafe Crepe food truck, open Thurs-Mon from 7 am to 3 pm in the Sierra Nevada Resort parking lot. Gourmet coffee and authentic French crepes. Another favorite is Dish Bistro on Old Mammoth Rd. Definitely worth a visit.
Inventory is still low but we are expecting that to change and for there to be a significant increase over the next months as the snow starts to melt. As of this writing there are 12 houses and 32 condos available in Mammoth. One house and no condos available in Crowley and no condos and 3 houses available in June Lake.
Of the new listings here are my favorites…
Condos – just one
Forest Creek #47 is a 2 bedroom, 3 bath townhome. Close to bike path. Great storage. One of the few condos that can have a private hot tub. HOAs $648 monthly. $699,000
36 St Moritz is a 2+loft with 2 baths house in the Knolls neighborhood.Cabin style with great views, southern exposure and backs up to US Forest Service land. $864,000
427 Forest Trail is a 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath house walking distance to Main Street and all its restaurants, coffee shops and bars. Two car garage and lots of parking. Very well maintained. Owned by the previous Mammoth Lakes Fire Chief. It is a good house but it is on lower Forest Trail with is the busy end. $1,225,000
17 Pinehurst is a 3+2, recently remodeled house between Lake Mary Rd and Eagle Lodge. Beautiful upgrades. Immaculate. Light and bright. 2 car garage and tons of extra parking. The lot runs street to street so access from two sides. List of upgrades is below. $1,339,000
Let me know when you have time to chat. My direct number is (310) 795-9161
17 Pinehurst Drive Improvements
▪ New 50 gallon water heater installed
▪ New metal roof installed
▪ New insulated garage doors and garage door openers installed
▪ New front door installed
▪ All recessed lighting replaced with LED cans
▪ Woodstove insert and chimney chase brought up to current Town of Mammoth Lakes Code. New Eldorado Stone and custom mantle.
▪ New LG laundry machine installed
▪ New Bosch dishwasher installed
▪ New Delta kitchen faucet installed
▪ New luxury vinyl plank flooring installed throughout the entire downstairs
▪ Laundry room: new LED light fixture, new cabinets, new utility sink
▪ Downstairs bathroom: new vanity, new fixtures, new LED lighting, new toilet, new cast iron tub and full tile surround.
▪ New shelving in kitchen pantry
▪ New shelving in linen closet
▪ Entire downstairs and stairwell painted
▪ New southside asphalt driveway and walkway installed
▪ Water main line from street to house replaced
▪ New Milgard Tuscany slider installed in living room
▪ New Milgard Tuscany windows installed in living room, master bedroom, master bathroom
▪ New double cellular shades and drapes installed upstairs
▪ New knotty barrel extra wide plank oak floors installed in living room, dining area, kitchen and staircase
▪ New solid alder wood interior doors installed throughout the entire home
▪ LED track light installed in west downstairs bedroom
▪ LED stairwell light installed
▪ Master bathroom (upstairs): new custom oak cabinet installed with dual sinks, quartz countertop installed, new LED lights, new vanity mirrors, new faucets, new fixtures, new toilet, new tiled shower with glass door, new cork flooring installed, refaced laundry shoot
▪ Master bedroom: new light fixtures, new custom oak cabinet with quart counter installed, new cork flooring installed
▪ Entire upstairs painted
▪ All decking replaced with Trex decking – both upper and lower
▪ New Milgard Tuscany windows installed in entire downstairs
▪ New double cellular shades installed on all windows downstairs
▪ New pellet stove installed in downstairs east bedroom
▪ New LED track lights installed in living room
▪ Kitchen: new Samsung induction range installed, new Samsung refrigerator installed, new garbage disposal installed, reverse osmosis water system installed
▪ New LED can light installed in master bathroom
▪ New LED ceiling light installed in master bedroom
▪ Master walk-in closet: new shelving, new barn door installed
▪ New LED porch light installed